Here are the rules for this…
- Thank the person that nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster award image to your blog. (Done!)
- Nominate 1o new bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked.
- Create 10 new questions for the people you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you nominate by leaving a comment on their blog.
I officially want to thank Lilah! I love her blog and I hope that all of you decide to check it out. It’s a book blog like mine, and it’s linked up above. 🙂
So, here are the questions from Lilah, along with my responses.
1. What is a book you’ve reread more than once?
I’ve read almost all of my books more than once. I’m a big rereader. 🙂 But the books I’ve probably read the most times are the Harry Potter books. I’m a Potterhead and completely obsessed with them!
2. What motivated you to start a blog?
Almost as far back as I can remember, I’ve wanted a blog. It may have started when I discovered Heather Vogel Frederick’s blog and began reading it frequently. From her blog I found many more! It took a lot of begging, but eventually I started my old blog, Writer’s Digest. You can read about what motivated me to begin this blog in this post!
3. What is one novel you don’t think gets enough recognition?
I think all novels are probably famous to their readers, but one book I like a lot that I’ve never heard about anywhere online is Tut: The Story of my Immortal Life, by P.J. Hoover.
4. What is your favorite movie that is based off a book?
In my opinion, you can’t beat the Harry Potter movies as far as book adaptations go. 🙂 But other than those, I think The Book Thief has an amazing movie adaptation!
5. If you could have any pet, what would it be?
I already have a dog who I wouldn’t trade for any other pet. So I’ll answer this question imagining that I had no pets! In that case, definitely an owl.♥
6. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas! I know that’s a cliché answer, but it’s true. I’m a Christian, so it’s an important holiday to my faith. Christmas Eve church is my favorite church service of the entire year! The whole congregation sings Silent Night while holding candles. I also enjoy the holiday spirit, Christmas movies, and gift-giving.
7. What is your favorite song at the moment?
Thank you, Lilah, for adding “at the moment.” Otherwise we’d have a long list going on right here. 😉 It’s a tie between Lost Boy by Ruth B and Ellie Goulding’s cover of Your Song. They’re both beautiful songs! I recommend listening to them.
8. Who is one fictional character that you relate with?
I feel as if I should do a character from a well-known book so people know what I’m talking about. In that case, definitely Anne from Anne of Green Gables. We don’t necessarily have the same personality but she’s just such a kindred spirit and I love her!
9. What is one interesting thing about you?
I’m left handed!
10. Do you have a book that is special to you? (i.e. autographed, special addition, gift, etc.)
My copy of Mother-Daughter Book Camp by Heather Vogel Frederick is really special to me! It’s an ARC (Advanced Reader’s Copy) that I won in a giveaway on her blog last December. I couldn’t believe something like that could happen to just normal me! It was such a cool experience to have Heather Vogel Frederick, my favorite author, MAIL something to my house! And email me! And have a blog post with my name in it!
That was fun. 🙂 Okay, now onto the ten questions for who I’m tagging. (I’m cheating and using some I made up for a tag I did back on Writer’s Digest that nobody did.)
- Can you listen to music while you’re reading or is it too distracting?
- How did you discover most of the blogs you read today?
- Do you have a bookshelf full of books or do you use the library more?
- Where would your dream vacation be and what would you do?
- What do you do when you’re bored (besides read 😉 )?
- What genre is your least favorite? Why?
- What is your favorite part about the upcoming holiday season?
- Do you believe reading and writing go hand in hand and why?
- What’s your advice for bloggers?
- What’s the best book you’ve ever read? Best series?
I’m not a knowledgeable person who reads a lot of blogs, and there’s only one blog I read on a normal basis that hasn’t already been tagged for this! So, I’m going to tag Brooke for the Liebster Award as well as anyone else who’d like to participate!
Even if you don’t have a blog I’d enjoy reading some (or all) of your answers to my questions in the comments. 🙂 Thanks again for tagging me, Lilah! See you all soon!