Can you believe that the first month of 2017 is already over?
I think I’m going to say that every time I do a recap post.
Time is definitely flying by! Now that January is nearly gone, and February is next in line, the year is zipping away. For today’s post I’m going to be doing a recap of January and then my first currently post. 🙂
Posts in January
- Welcome 2017 & Recap of 2016– This post was just a recap of the year and things I want to achieve as far as blogging goes this year.
- Review: Doomed, by Tracy Deebs– A review of an amazing book!
- Ways to Start the New Year Right– The title is self-explanatory. 😉
- My Bookshelf Tour 2017– This is an updated bookshelf tour that features some of my favorite books and most special books.
Overall, January was a good month. I managed to post every Monday, keeping to my blogging schedule. I always find myself wishing I could post more often, because 5 posts a month seems like nothing at all, but I just don’t have the time.
In February I hope to review a book, do at least one post about reading or writing, and also start a series about the Bible. As we all know, I usually don’t reach my goals, but they’re worth making!
I’ve really been wanting to do a currently post for a while now, and since I was doing a monthly recap, this seemed like the perfect chance to do one. 😀
Currently Listening to
- My Disney playlist on Spotify. I am obsessed.
- Old Taylor Swift songs, especially from Speak Now. Her music will never get old for me.
- Whatever comes up when I shuffle my iTunes library- lately it’s been Adele’s 25 album, which I love.
- The Series of Unfortunate Event Netflix series. Y’all. It’s SO GOOD! If you’ve read the books, and even if you *cringe* haven’t, I highly recommend it.
- Right now I’m on Season 5 of Gilmore Girls, and I’ve hit a dry spell. But I still love it anyway.
Currently Looking At
My dog, who is curled in the most adorable position right now. Also, the blanket I’m wrapped in, because my house is surprisingly freezing right now.
- A book that I forget the name of. Ah, yes. To Come and Go Like Magic, by Katie Pickard Fawcett. So far, I’m liking it a lot.
- Also, Exodus.
Currently Pining For
- A Tagalong! Is it so much to want just one type of Girl Scout cookie? Somehow, my family has bought three different kinds and yet not the type I want. I guess I’ll have to learn to love do-si-dos.
- A cup of hot chocolate. I’m cold.
- Oh, and an acceptance letter to Hogwarts, please. Camp Half-Blood would do, too. Just any nonexistent fantastical place.
That’s all for today’s post! I hope you all enjoyed a little peek in my life. 🙂 What have you been up to lately? Are we listening/watching/reading/looking/pining for any of the same things? (That was a mouthful.) See you in the comments!