Hello! Happy Superbowl Sunday. 😉
Recently a reader commented asking for happy thoughts back. This post isn’t happy thoughts, but instead a list of things that may not seem large in the big picture of life, but give me joy anyway.
“Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy!” -Pslam 47:1
- Sitting in front of a fireplace and feeling the heat on my back.
- Playing board games with my family.
- Getting the glimmer of a story idea.
- Opening my blinds to let the sunlight in.
- Smelling candles.
- Wearing my ballet shoes.
- Jumping into a pile of leaves.
- Books with dog-eared pages and worn covers.
- The smell of the cabinet where we keep the Thanksgiving decorations.
- My twinkle lights.
- Looking at old videos and pictures.
- Remembering things.
- Singing with my mom to the radio in the car.
- Discovering a book at Barnes & Noble that you never knew existed.
- Happy endings.
- Movies where the characters have happy endings.
- Listening to Disney songs.
- The number 9.
- These socks.
- Looking at beautiful photographs.
- Bible verse lock screens.
- Knowing that someone understands me.
- Getting an email that says someone liked or commented on my post.
- Having an ocean wave wash over my head.
- Imagining all the places I can travel someday.
- Odd numbers.
- Eating a Popsicle on my front porch steps. In summertime.
What small things give you joy?