Reading nooks are easy to make, fun to use, and necessary for survival. 🙂 A few months ago my friend Anna and I created one in my closet, and I love it! Today’s post is going to be a tutorial of how to make a reading nook and, at the end, photographs of mine. Let’s get started!
Here is a list of everything you need to make a successful nook. 😉 Feel free to add or subtract items as you please!
- Blankets (as many as you want, but at least two)
- Stuffed animals
- Pillows (depending on the size of your nook, probably small ones)
- Decorations such as photos, etc.
- The help of a friend or sibling!!
These are the suggested conditions for the best possible reading nook area:
- Well lit. My closet is dimly lit, so I have to use a flashlight, which is not as convenient as it could be.
- Air conditioned throughout the year (I wouldn’t pick your attic).
- Comfortable area that you can fit in.
- Preferably a place where you can shut the door or get privacy as you read. 😀
Now that you’ve gathered your materials, which are all things that can be found in any home, and found a place for your nook, it’s time for a step-by-step tutorial on how to assemble your reading nook.
- Fold a blanket to create a bottom layer.
- Take a second blanket, fold it the same way, and lay it on top of the bottom layer. When you read, you can go in between the two blankets.
- Arrange small pillows and stuffed animals however you like.
- (At this time, if you have additional blankets, you can arrange them how you like.)
- If your nook is beside a wall, then you can now decorate that wall. 🙂 I taped photos, crepe paper, and ribbon on my wall.
- Load up with your favorite books, and you’re done!
Now for some pictures of my nook…
Here’s an overview. 🙂
I have some pillows and stuffed animals here…
I have some pictures (they’re a little outdated now) and posters torn out of magazines.
Anna painted this beautiful Bible verse and didn’t want it, so I eagerly took it! 🙂 (For some reason this picture has really good lighting.)
It’s the perfect place to relax with a book. ♥
Do you have a reading nook? Are you wanting to create one? Do you like mine? I hope to see you in the comments!