Hello there! As you can tell by the title of this post, it is award time. 😉 In the past few weeks, I was nominated for both the Unique Blogger Award (by Lilah) and the Blogger Recognition Award (by Cynthia). Thank you very much, Lilah and Cynthia! I can’t wait to do these awards, so let’s dive right in.
Unique Blogger Award
- Share the link of the blogger who nominated you. (Lilah’s blog is called Lilah’s Bookshelf and I absolutely love it! Go check it out, and read her award post by clicking here.) Thanks so much for the nomination, Lilah!
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 8-13 people for the Unique Blogger Award. (I’ll be doing that at the very end of this post.)
- Ask them three questions.
1.What is a little known/interesting fact about yourself?
I am a very organized person. My room is never messy, and my bed is always made! I get stressed out if there’s stuff on the floor or things are all over the place. 😉 That’s why I have a few posts on organization.
2. Is there a book character that reminds you of yourself? What similarities do you have?
I’d have to say Emma from the Mother-Daughter Book Club. I do have something in common with most everyone from that series, but mostly Emma. Both of us love to read and aspire to be authors, and we’re fairly quiet and enjoy school as a whole. (Besides homework and math, obviously.)
3. What is a book you think everyone should read, and why do you think people should read it?
I’d have to say Harry Potter in the Sorcerer’s Stone, by J.K. Rowling. Most people that don’t like Harry Potter either couldn’t get through the first book or just won’t give it a chance because they say they don’t like books about wizards. I feel like if everyone read the first book all the way through, they’d be hooked. And the world would be filled with even more Potterheads. 😉
- What are a few books on your TBR (to be read) list right now?
- What are some of your interests that are non-book related?
- What is one thing that books have taught you that you know you will never forget?
I nominate any book blogger out there! If you decide to do this award, leave a comment on this post so I can check yours out.
Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Here’s a link to A Sweet n Simple Life, Cynthia’s blog, and here’s the direct link to her award post.) And thank you so much for nominating me, Cynthia! 🙂 I love your blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Share two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Select (up to 15) bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them.
How I Started
As you might know, this isn’t my first blog. My original blog was started in 2014, and I created Purely Olivia in 2016. I had multiple reasons for wanting a new blog- I wanted to use WordPress as opposed to Weebly, I wanted to create a blog that I could post with more variety on, etc. It was a new, but exciting decision. So there’s the story. 🙂
Even though I’ve been blogging for nearly 3 years now, I don’t think I’m the best person to ask for advice from. (I would look to blogs with more followers, views, etc.) But the award asks for it, so I’ll do my best. (Cynthia’s advice was stellar, by the way.)
- Don’t be discouraged if you aren’t getting the “stats” you want. I’m guilty of this. It’s easy to get caught up in, Their blog has 300 followers, and I have 16! Or, that post got 35 comments and mine has 3. But instead, focus on what you have. I personally am thankful for each and every one of my followers, and I get a giant thrill of excitement every time I get a comment! I am blogging for myself, and for the people who read my blog, not for fame. At times it will seem impossible to be happy with what you have, especially when others seem to have way more success with bogging. Don’t let that get you down. The stats will come. 😉
- Let yourself post about whatever you want. If your blog is named “Books and Tea” (if that’s the name of your blog, I didn’t mean to copy it! 🙂 ), you don’t have to only post book reviews, book discussions, and of the like. If you have the urge to blog about the trip you took, the music you like, whatever- don’t let yourself be held back. It’s your blog.
Once again, I am going to be nominating any blogger out there, book or not! ___________________________________________________________________________________________
I hope you all enjoyed this! 🙂 Another thank you to Lilah and Cynthia- I had a great time doing these awards. Until next time!