Summer! It’s here!
In fact, it’s been summer for a while now. I love summer, and not just because we don’t have school. 😉 The best part about it is that I have countless hours to just do whatever I want.
I always set high expectations for summer and any other breaks from school. And I don’t always meet these expectations (even though I always tell myself this time I will). And this time, I really am going to
try succeed. Today I will be sharing my tips for having a summer where you walk away feeling relaxed and energized instead of looking back and thinking, why did I waste so much time.
1. Set Goals
Just like with a New Year, when we make resolutions, it’s helpful to create a summer bucket list or set goals. Like with New Year’s, you can make goals under different categories (health, school, blog, personal, etc.) or just a general list.
- For example, one of my goals is to read every classic novel the girls read in the Mother-Daughter Book Club series read. (Little Women, Anne of Green Gables, Dear Pen Pal, Pride & Prejudice, Betsy-Tacy series, and Jane Eyre.)
- Another goal of mine is to improve is various dance skills.
It’s easy to say what you’re going to achieve during summer, but creating a tangible list will help you clearly check off and be held accountable for what you want to get done. 🙂
2. Have Something to Look Forward To
This one is pretty self-explanatory. 😉 I’ve learned that it’s a lot easier to get through those days of summer boredom when you can look forward to something happening in the future. Here are a few suggestions-
- You can look forward to a vacation you’re going on, whether in the summer or in months following summer.
- Schedule a sleepover or party with your friends that you can be excited for.
- Maybe you are looking forward to school starting again!
- Even if it’s something small, like going to the pool that night or a yummy dinner, it’ll help you get through what seems like a never-ending day.
3. Create a Balance of Productivity and… Non Productiveness
In the summer, I am so guilty of having way too many lazy days. I’ll stay in bed for much too long, sit around with my phone or a book all day long, or waste away the hours in front of the television.
I think it’s okay to have those days- sometimes. But it’s important to also have the days where you get up and at ’em, whether that means you clean your room, go shopping, write a blog post. Be productive in some way!
Laziness may feel good at the time, but in the long run, you will be much happier if you also have productive days.
4. Keep Busy
Don’t become idle. This is a lot like number 3, so I won’t spend too much time on it. In order to be productive, you have to stay busy. 🙂
5. Document Memories
And last but not least, document memories! You’re going to make this summer awesome, so you definitely want to remember it. I have a few methods for doing this-
- Use One Second Everyday. This is a free app that enables you to upload a one second video clip every day to the app. I’m doing it this summer, and I can’t wait to watch my whole summer play across the screen.
- Journal. If you journal, then you can read back all your memories!
- I couldn’t really come up with anything else, and then I thought-vlogs! You don’t have to put them on YouTube, but if you simply video your daily life (or maybe just specific fun summer times?), then you’ll be able to watch it back later.
I hope that y’all enjoyed these tips, and that they help you have a summer where you walk away feeling accomplished and rejuvenated. 😀 What is your favorite tip? And what are your tips for making this summer awesome? See you in the comments!