Hey everyone! Welcome back to Purely Olivia. 🙂
Over the past few months, I’ve been tagged for so many wonderful tags by so many wonderful bloggers! I’m just starting to chip away at the pile, so if you’ve tagged me for something in the past, first of all thank you, and second of all, I promise to get around to it eventually. I think.
Today I’m going to be doing the A-Z Book Survey and the Blogger Recognition award- and I’m so excited. Let’s jump right in!
The A-Z Bookish Survey Tag
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their post.
- Answer the twenty-five questions about books/reading. I’m a little confused because there are 26 letters in the alphabet but moving on..
- Nominate at least three people.
- Let your nominees know they’ve been nominated. (I’ll do that at the end of this section of the post!)
Author you’ve read the most books from:
I’m going to have to go off of Emily’s answer and say Rick Riordan. 🙂 He’s written so many different series and I’ve read nearly all of them- that’s a lot of books!
I’m cheating a little on this question, and saying Much Ado About Anne, by Heather Vogel Frederick, as well as the rest of the Mother-Daughter Book Club books. That series only gets better as it goes on!
I’ll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson.
Drink of choice when reading:
I don’t usually specifically drink or eat while I’m reading. Only if I happen to be having a snack or something, so I don’t really have an answer for this question.
E-reader or physical book?
PHYSICAL BOOK! I definitely see the pros for e-readers, and I’m not opposed to them. Future post, maybe? I’ve always wanted to do a discussion about this.
Fictional character you would have dated?
This question is always so hard for me! I have so many characters that I absolutely love, but I can’t bear the thought of them being stripped away from their pairing to be with me instead. 😉 Here are a few of my OTPs:
- Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley (I know this is unpopular, but I can’t listen to arguments for it)
- Katniss and Peeta (so controversial…I know)
- Maxon and America
- Percy and Annabeth
Glad you gave this book a chance:
Definitely The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton. I had to read it for school and thought I would hate it, but it ended up being one of the most inspiring and emotional books I’ve ever read.
Hidden gem book:
This isn’t exactly a hidden gem, but Anne of Ingleside, by L.M. Montgomery. I sometimes think the later books in the Anne series don’t get enough attention, but they’re just as wonderful as the first book!
Important moment in your reading life:
This one is hard. I have to say when I first read Harry Potter. I KNOW, I mention Harry Potter WAY too much on my blog, but I can’t help it. It’s the first time I’ve ever been completely obsessed and head over heels in love with a series. It’s an amazing feeling.
I wouldn’t say “just,” because I haven’t finished a book yet this October, but at the end of September I finished The Unexpected Everything, by Morgan Matson. It was pretty good!
Kind of books you won’t read?
It’s not that I won’t read it, but I don’t read much nonfiction.
Longest book you’ve read?
I think The Order of the Phoenix, by J.K. Rowling is the longest? The paperback version is 870 pages. I assure you, it goes by really quickly. 😉
Major book slump because:
Lately I’ve been book slumping all around. It’s not that I don’t want to read, it’s just that I’m very busy with school and dance. When I do have free time, I feel more like
watching Netflix blogging or spending time with my family.
Number of bookcases you own:
Just one. Feast your eyes.
One book you have read multiple times:
One book?! Just one?!
In case you didn’t know, I’m the Queen of Rereads. 😉 I’d say I’ve reread at least 1/5 of the books I’ve read in my lifetime…so I’m not sure how to pick one for this question. Let’s just go with Harry Potter. #imreallysorry
Preferred place to read:
I like to read in my bed- either on top of it during the day, or under the covers late at night.
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
Since it’s October, I just have to share this quote (again) from Anne of Green Gables–
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Ahhh. All the fall feels.❤️
I really feel bad that I’ve never read the Divergent series or the Twilight series. They’re both so popular that I’ve already had them spoiled for me- yet I still feel like I should see what all the hype is about.
Series you started and need to finish:
The Magnus Chase series, by Rick Riordan. I only read the first one. *hides*
Three of your all time favorite books:
I’m going to try very hard to give you a nice, short list. What am I saying that will never happen.
- Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery
- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
- A bunch of series that you can see here
- Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
- Absolutely Truly, by Heather Vogel Frederick
Unapologetic fangirl for:
Harry Potter. Percy Jackson. Hunger Games.
Very excited for this release:
I am not currently awaiting any releases?? I’ve been wanting to get more into looking forward to releases lately, I just never think to see what books are coming out until they come out. Wow, that was confusing.
Worst bookish habit:
Saying I’ll read until the end of the chapter, then finishing the book.
X marks the spot: start at the top left of your bookshelf and pick the 27th book:
I landed on Rip the Page!, by Karen Benke. It’s definitely aesthetically pleasing, and is a creative writing handbook that I have semi-explored. This made me want to look at it again, though. 🙂
Your latest book purchase:
I haven’t bought a book in a while…the last one I got was Everything, Everything, by Nicola Yoon, way back in August.
The latest book that kept you up way too late:
I got so intrigued by Alex & Eliza, by Melissa de la Cruz, that I accidentally stayed up for about 2 hours after I said, “I’ll just finish this chapter and go to sleep,” just to finish it. XD
This tag was really fun! Thanks again to Ivy and Em for the tag. 🙂 Now, I tag:
The Blogger Recognition Award
I was nominated by two bloggers for this award- Cynthia from A Sweet n Simple Life, and Ann from Ann’s Reading Corner. You can read Cynthia’s post here, and Ann’s post here. Big thank yous to both of you! 😊
- Thanks the blogger(s) who nominated you and link their blogs. ^^
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select (up to 15) other bloggers for this award.
- Let the bloggers know you’ve selected them!
Why I Started Blogging:
There are many reasons, but it boils down to the fact that I really love books. I wanted to place to talk about books, sometimes write my random thoughts, and connect with other people who felt the same way about reading. You can read the full story of my blog here, or click on the image below to read the post I recently wrote about why I love blogging.
My Advice for New Bloggers:
- Don’t get caught up in what your stats look like. When you first start out blogging, or even when you’ve been blogging for a while, you may be disappointed by your stats. I urge you to try not to feel this way! It’s hard, but try your best to look forward at improvement to come in the future, as well as being proud of what you’ve done so far. Small steps are completely fine.
- Just have fun with it! I know, I know- it’s easier said than done. 😉 However, it makes me so sad so see that blogging can become a chore to some people. Unless blogging is in fact your full-time job, blogging is not a job! It’s supposed to be a hobby, a fun addition to your life. It can definitely be stressful or frustrating sometimes, but when you’re having a bad blogging day, just take a deep breath and remember that it’s supposed to be fun.
I hope you enjoyed reading through these two tags! (If you made it- this post was incredibly long!) Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, if you’ve tagged for something recently, you have my greatest thanks and my promises to try and get on top of that as soon as possible. 🙂 Since I want to make sure and only post tags every month or so, it is going to take me a while to get around to them.
So, what do you think of these two tags? Isn’t the A-Z one so creative? Would you want to see a post about e-readers vs. physical books or has that been done too many times already? Did you guys like the rest of the Magnus Chase series- should I finish it? Let’s chat in the comments!
P.S. Credit for the photo I used in my featured image goes to: