My favorite month of the year has come and gone.
This October went by way too fast. I can’t believe it’s over, and now we’re in the 11th month of 2017?! I just realized next month is December, picking my jaw up off the floor now. Today I’ll be sharing a recap of how my month went as far as books, the blog, and just in life. 🙂
By the way, if you missed last month’s recap post, then you didn’t know that I’ve decided to start doing wrap-up posts every month, even if it’s not on a Monday (my posting day). I’m really excited about that! Wrap-up posts are so much fun to write. Let’s get started!
First, I’m going to talk about books. I have really mixed feelings about October as a reading month??
On one hand, it was absolutely horrible. I didn’t finish a single book. In all honesty, I don’t remember that ever happening to me in my entire life- even as a baby, my mom read to me all the time. Okay Olivia cut the dramatics.
But, on the flip side, it’s not as if I didn’t feel like reading. I just was so busy with school and dance that when I did find time to read, it was only for a few minutes. Right now, I’m in the middle of three books that I’ve been slowly reading throughout all of October (I hope no one has a hold on these at the library because they’re
a little overdue):
Now that I’m going to actively be doing wrap-up posts, I’m going to start doing goals that I can revisit next month to see if I achieved them or not. *gets really excited because goals & lists & bullet points*
- Read 5 books
- Finish all three of the ones I’m currently reading
- Choose reading over Netflix more often
- Look into ARCs
Posts I Did This October:
- September Wrap-Up + IT IS OCTOBER! // Kind of like this post, but for October. Also, I nearly fainted (in a good way) because it got forty. comments. what??!
- 5 Books You Really, Really Need to Read This Fall // What’s better than seasonal book recommendations? Nothing. Expect Jesus.
- A-Z Bookish Survey Tag + The Blogger Recognition Award = SO MANY TAGS! // Slowly chipping away at my pile of tags…I’ll make it, I promise.
- How I Write Without Stress//Letting Go of Expectations // If writing stresses you out, this post is for you…especially with NaNo starting.
- 10 Things That Terrify Bookworms // In honor of Halloween, I list out things that are much scarier than goblins and witches. Like TBRs.
Usually I’d put posts I enjoyed by other bloggers here, but this month with school and everything, I didn’t read as many posts as I usually do. If you read or wrote any posts you want to share this month, link them in the comments and I’l check them out. 😉
Blogging Goals for November:
- Stick to blogging schedule
- Reach 100 followers
- Do a tag from my long list of tags
- Discussion-y post. Cause those are fun.
Since October is my favorite month, it was also a wonderful month in real life. So many good things, and just a month that left me feeling happy, ya know?
A Few Things That Made My Month:
- I saw my favorite band perform in person, and got to take a photo with my favorite members. My life is made, as you can imagine. XD
- My grandmother came into town for my birthday.
- MY BIRTHDAY!
- I took photos in a pumpkin patch, which is always fun because who doesn’t love aesthetic pumpkin patch photos.
- During the week leading up to Halloween, we dressed up in dance and it was so fun! I was, over the days we did it, a football player, dog, and a Pirouette cookie (get it haha).
- Taylor Swift’s single ‘Gorgeous’ came out and I already have it memorized. I’m a diehard Swiftie.
- For the last few days of October, it actually got cold. Normally that only happens in December where I live?? I’m talking cold like 40s and 50s. *collective laugh from people who live in actual cold areas* But I got to wear sweaters and boots and I’m happy. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this month’s wrap-up post! These are just so much fun to write. My hands were flying over the keyboard the whole time. 😉