It shocks me to say that June is almost here.
Yes, I say that in every recap post?? And yes, I say that I say that in every recap post in every recap post?? Hey, I’ll stop staying it when it stops being true. 😉 May has thankfully flown by pretty quickly, and tomorrow it’s officially June.
Tomorrow is also my last day of school (!!), so if you’re reading this after 12:05 (we have a half day) on June 1st, well then, I am officially on summer vacation. Shh, summer doesn’t start on June 21. It starts when school lets out.
This summer is much needed, much appreciated, and much anticipated! I’m so excited to read, blog, write, relax, binge Glee, and just be a stress-free Olivia. But first, we need to talk about May, cause May deserves to be talked about. 🙂
I am unnaturally peppy right now.
As you might have seen the title of this post, this was the month of rereads for me. Hey, I’ll take rereading over no reading anytime. COUGHlastmonthCOUGH
I didn’t have that much time for reading, because up until the last week of school, I was getting bombarded by end of the year projects, tests, etc. Since I didn’t have time to go to the library, I ended up rereading a this month- I read a couple books from the Mother-Daughter Book Club series and the first book in the Mysterious Benedict Society series. It’s always a pleasure to return to those books. 😉
I’m currently reading My Dear Hamilton, by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie, and I love it! I’m nearly finished, but I don’t think I’ll finish it before June.
I’m planning on maybe doing a post featuring this and maybe some other books
not about Hamilton or anything something in the future(ish), so you may see this book pop up again on my blog. XD
How I Did On My May Goals:
- Read 2 books ✅ yay! I read 3, so check
- Read 1 book from TBR ✅❌ My Dear Hamilton is from my TBR, but I’m not quite done yet
- Make summer reading bucket list ✅ you can read that post here if you haven’t!
My June Reading Goals:
- Read 10 books
- Go to the library
- Read 5 books from TBR
- Check a few books off my summer reading bucket list
It was an okay month of blogging for me?? I wasn’t super inspired, but I was also just extremely busy with end-of-the-year school stuff and had a lot going on in general that distracted me from blogging.
I accidentally missed a post…well, I wouldn’t say accidentally, more like I just didn’t post. I wasn’t feeling the creativity, and I didn’t want to force out a post that wasn’t written from a place of passion, if that makes any sense.
BUT, in the last few days of the month, I got a lot more inspired to blog! I even drafted out some posts for June and starting thinking ahead to what I would post, which hardly ever happens. 😉
What I Posted in May:
- Goodbye, April + Blog Updates + It’s Almost Summer! // Just your typical wrap-up post, much like this one but for a different month.
- One Lovely Blog Award, Awesome Blogger Award, & Unique Blogger Award, Oh My! // A mouthful of a title and a mouthful of a post featuring many tags I needed to catch up on.
- 5 Reasons Why I Still Read (& Love) Middle Grade Fiction // A post where I discussed my continued love for MG fiction. I loved talking about MG in the comments with you all!
- My Summer 2018 TBR // This was a list of books I’m hoping to read this summer.
- And technically this post?? But it wouldn’t make sense to link it here because obviously you’ve already found it. XD
And, for my goals… my only one was to stick to my blogging schedule, and I did not achieve that. I only set one goal, and I failed… *face palm*
Blogging Goals for June:
- Stick to blogging schedule
- Experiment with summer blogging schedule
- Christianity post
- Special review 😉
I’m very excited for blogging in June! I have some things planned that I’m looking forward to a lot. *grins*
Oh, and I’ve nailed down my summer blogging schedule! I’ll be posting each Monday, and then I will be attempting to post each Thursday as well. Monday will be the definite posting day, and then Thursday will be the maybe posting day. Eep, I can’t wait for more posts!
Someone calm me down I am too excited.
Honestly, May went by in a blur.
It wasn’t quite as blurry as April, but it was still blurry enough that I had to look through my camera roll to see what happened. XD
- My neighborhood pool opened, which is always a clear sign that summer is coming. I’ve only been once so far, but I looked forward to going many more times in the upcoming months!
- This is kind of weird, but in biology we dissected a rat. It was actually really cool, although it was also really disgusting.
- I got a jean skirt! And I’m really excited about that!
- Sadly, the dance season ended. It was very bittersweet because a lot of my closest friends are leaving to join their school dance teams, and I’ll miss them a lot. *tear*
- I was able to get together with a few close friends and we had a mini photoshoot in my backyard, which was so much fun. We also took some pictures with my fairy lights, and I wish I could share them, but won’t for privacy reasons.
- SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER!
- Summer is almost here.
I’m looking forward to June! I’ll be busy volunteering at the Vacation Bible Camp at my church, as well as doing summer dance classes a couple times throughout the month. And of course, I’ll be spending time at the pool and reading and eating ice cream. 🙂
And, that’s my May in a nutshell! It was short and sweet, and now I can’t wait to see what this next month holds for me.
How was your May? What did you do? What are your plans for summer? I’d love to chat with you in the comments!