All of a sudden it’s April.
Somehow we’ve made it through another month of the year! 2018 still feels like yesterday (yes, I will not stop saying this in every monthly recap), but we’ve already gone through a fourth of the year.
So, even though I can hardly believe it’s April, it’s April!! That means it’s time to take a look back at March and see what happened as far as books, blogging, and life in general.
This post contains a lot of parentheses (if you haven’t noticed, I love them), beautiful book covers, and instances of me obsessing over books I read and the music I listened to in typical Olivia fashion. Continue at your own risk??
But please continue.
Without further ado, into the post!
March was a good reading month! I read a lot of beautiful contemporaries, one non-fiction, and even a fantasy.
I’m proud of myself for reading fantasy.
I actually ended up reading so many books off my TBR?? I consider this an accomplishment because I usually get distracted by rereads.
I did reread two books, Simon vs. The Homosapiens Agenda and My Lady Jane, but that was only because I bought them both this month at a secondhand store (for $4.99 each, what is this magic?) and once I had them I started rereading all my favorite parts and then realized the whole books were my favorite parts, so then I just…reread them.
But! No regrets. I love both of those books with all my heart.
I’m planning on doing mini reviews for most of these, as well as full reviews for a couple of them. To address the elephant in the room, I will be doing a full review for Six of Crows. Aka the most hyped book of all time. The only thing I’m going to say is that everyone was absolutely right about it.
How I Did on March Goals:
- Read 10 books ✅ hi, yes, I’m just as shocked about this as you are??
- Take book photos ✅
- Go the library ✅ twice!! because spring break!
- Keep up on Goodreads ✅
- Read that fantasy book ✅ dearest Six of Crows, I love you
- Buddy reads ❌ I didn’t do this? but I want to soon!
April Reading Goals:
- Read 8 books
- Take book photos + return to bookstagram!!
- Go to the library
- Buddy reads
I wasn’t the best blogger this month. But that’s okay. I posted some, I took breaks when I needed it, and I didn’t feel as much pressure.
Even if I missed some of my posting days, I liked all the posts I did write (I hope you all liked them too) and that’s what really matters!!
- February Recap // This was me rambling on as per usual in my monthly recaps, and it also had a little survey about my posts. Thank you so much to everyone who took it! <3<3
- Oy With the Reading Already Tag // My amazing friend Rhi made a tag that combines Gilmore Girls with books and I couldn’t love it more!!
- 5 Reasons Everyone Should Read Harry Potter // This post was so fun to write, and I loved talking even more about Harry Potter. My hope is that I convinced someone to read it??
- 5 YA Contemporaries You Should Be Reading This Spring // Five mini reviews on books I read this past month and that were pretty amazing. Read this post to view my intense fangirling.
I was able to read posts more frequently this month, but sadly I didn’t keep track of some of my favorites. That’s something I’m going to make an effort to do next month!
How I Did on March Goals:
- Stay on schedule ❌
- Review/recommendations post ✅
- Read more of other bloggers’ posts ✅❌ kind of, but not enough!
- Do a tag ✅
- Discussion post ❌ hopefully this month??
April Blogging Goals:
- Stay on schedule
- At least one book review
- Discussion post
- Do a tag
- Keep track of posts I enjoyed
- Consistently read other bloggers’ posts
I have been feeling very inspired to blog the past few days- I try to never write out of a place completely lacking in motivation, but I’ve been unusually inspired to write posts and I’ve had a lot of ideas. I’m excited to see what this month holds with blogging!
Honestly, it still kind of feels like 2018. I can’t believe it’s actually April??
March was a good month, albeit over too quickly. Nothing too notable happened, but there were a few small things that all accumulated together to create March 2019 for me.
- I’m on a social media fast. For most of March, and for most of April, I’m on a social media fast. I miss it, but not a lot, and I’m so much more productive now. Y’all, my screen time is down an hour and a half per day. That’s terrifying.
- It was spring break! Spring break was perfectly relaxing, and I loved it. I spent most of my time watching The Office (with which I am now obsessed), reading, and I also went on a college tour with one of my friends.
- I also ate these delicious pancakes. I felt like this photo needed to be shared, maybe because I’m evil and just wanted to make all your mouths water.
- I got a letter board! This seems a little unimportant, but I’m just really excited about it. It’s so cute! Right now I have the quote “after all this time…always” on it. Even though I despise Snape and his obsession with Lily Potter, I still really like this quote and I can’t get rid of the emotional value it holds for me no matter how much I technically don’t like the context.
- Dance in general. Things are really busy right now in my dance world because our spring concert is at the beginning of May and we also have another performance this coming weekend. I love all my dances though, and I can’t wait!
I have been listening to a lot of music lately, and I decided to share some a bit of my current playlist on this post! (I was inspired by Lais, who did the same, and Annie, because her post reminded me how much fun it is to read about music.)
This is the cover that Amazon music created for my playlist, and I have to say it pretty much sums up my current music taste. Also, it’s oddly aesthetically pleasing to me??
So, here are a few of my favorite songs at the moment.
- Tenerife Sea, Ed Sheeran // This song is beautiful!! I am in a Very Big Ed Sheeran phase right now, and this song is no exception.
- Guns and Ships, Hamilton // I finally memorized this! I know, it’s kind of a Hamilfan rite of passage and I’m very late but I’m still proud. So now I rap it every chance I get.
- Jaded, Chase Goehring // Chase Goehring is an underrated artist that I discovered when he was on America’s Got Talent a couple years ago. My sister and I are fans of all his music, but this one has been my favorite this month.
- Trust Fund Baby, Why Don’t We // This is such a good song?? I love the beat and it’s been amazing singing this in my car the past few weeks.
- Olivia, One Direction // Besides the fact that it kind of feels like One Direction is singing to me, this song is genuinely so good. I love the chorus especially.
There you have it, some of the songs I’ve been listening to on repeat! There are a lot more, but I’ll spare us all the trouble and stop here. 😉
I hope you enjoyed this monthly recap! Overall, March was good, but I’m excited to see all that April brings. Hopefully it didn’t bring you any April Fool’s day pranks today.
That concludes this rather lengthy, but incredibly fun to write, post! I’ll see you all next week, or sooner in the comments.✨
How was your March? What was the best book you read? What song do you have on repeat? I’d love to chat with you all in the comments.