Hello again, dear blogosphere.
It’s been quite a while since I posted, or was able to interact with everyone here, and I just want to give everyone a giant virtual hug. Insert imaginary giant hug here.
Even though we’re already nearing the end of May
what how help I still wanted to take a moment and talk about some notable moments of April because 1) recap posts are so much fun to write, 2) I already had some of this post done before I took a short hiatus, and 3) I feel like I just need to catch up with everyone?? It’s been a minute.
Like I said, I genuinely can’t believe it’s already almost June. The past few months have had their slow moments, but for the most part, have absolutely flown by. I feel like I’ve just been standing in the same spot, shell-shocked at how fast the year has passed me, since about February.
All right, without further ado, let’s get into the recap. 😉
Despite being busy with homework and dance, I managed to get quite a bit of reading done in April! This meant I spent more than a few nights reading *much* later than I should have, but shhh, we all know books are worth the few hours of lost sleep.
Whoa, for some of these books, it feels as if it’s been forever since I read them. I do feel sad because I was planning to review a lot of these, but I’m not sure how many I will get around to now and how much I really remember now oops.
Please let me know if there are any on this list that you’d really like to hear my thoughts on, and I’ll definitely take that into account when writing mini reviews posts in the future!
The only rereads I did in April were The Outsiders and Paper Towns (my favorite John Green book, so good!) and the rest were all first timers, which I’m excited about. I also branched out and read both a fantasy and sci-fi book!
How I Did on April Goals:
- Read 8 books ✅ can’t believe I actually did this?
- Take book photos + return to bookstagram ✅ I’ve returned!
- Go to the library ✅
- Buddy reads ✅ I organized some, that counts, right?
Tentative Goals for the Rest of May:
- Read 5 books
- Be more active on bookstagram
I think it’s becoming a trend that this section of my recap post is where I apologize for being gone…again. But as I said in my March recap, and as I know I will have to say in future posts, it’s okay. Life will go on.
Since it’s my last stretch of school before summer vacation (I only have one and a half week left, y’all!), teachers have been giving so many tests, not to mention AP exams and the fact that I had my dance recital. Sadly, for the end of April, and most of May, blogging just hasn’t been a priority for me.
This was especially disappointing for me because when all the craziness hit, I had finally been getting back into the swing of things- publishing posts regularly for the first time in a while, actually commenting and being caught up on everything. I really, really wanted to keep up that position in the blogosphere, but it just wasn’t possible.
I still don’t know exactly how the next couple of weeks will play out, but I’m hoping that my spurt of random hiatuses is over now, at least until I go back to school in August. I still have a few tests left, but in just a few days it will all be over.
So, here I am. I’m sorry to have left, but I’m feeling better than ever about coming back.
Before I disappeared off the face of the blogosphere, I wrote some posts that I really liked, so I’m going to talk about them quickly here. 🙂
- All My Thoughts on Six of Crows // Review + Opinions // This was so much to fun to write AND so much fun to fangirl with all of you in the comments. Can I just say, Wylan and Jesper forever.
- The Pancake Book Tag // My friend Becky created this awesome book tag and it was seriously the best ever. You should go do it.
- Do You Read the Book Before Watching the Movie? // I did a discussion post for the first time in forever, come chat with me about allll the book and movie adaptations!
One thing blogging-wise that I’m proud of in April is that for the beginning of the month, when I was feeling on top of everything, I kept track of some of the posts I really loved!
- Brianna talks about books she loves but never talks about and I saw so many of my childhood favorites on her list!
- Tiffany shares 5 bookstagrams to follow, and hi, yes, our shared Hufflepuff, pinky aesthetic is amazing, as is her list.
- Marie talks about not comparing yourself with other bloggers, and it’s amazing!
- Becky shares the stages of being a newbie bookstagrammer, and I was thoroughly entertained and completely related?!
- Ju talks about her favorite blogging moments and I couldn’t agree more!
Of course, there were definitely so many more I enjoyed, and I know I missed a ton of wonderful ones when I was on my break- but here are just a few you should go read.
How I Did on April Goals:
- Stay on schedule ❌ ha. ha. oops.
- At least one book review ✅
- Discussion post ✅
- Do a tag ✅
- Keep track of posts I loved ✅❌ I did at first??
- Consistently read other blogs ❌✅ again, at first I did…
Tentative Goals for the Rest of May:
- Post this and one other post
- Try to read other posts, but don’t get down if I don’t
To be honest, it’s a little hard to think back on April and remember things that actually happened…it’s all kind of blur??
- Taylor Swift’s new single ME! came out!! If you know me, then you know I’m a hardcore Swiftie. I’m SO in love with my girl’s new song and I can’t wait can’t wait can’t wait to see what the rest of the album holds.
- I’m obsessed with The Office. It. is. so. good. I didn’t think the humor was for me, but I was so wrong! Please scream about it with me in the comments. (I’m on season 7 though, so no spoilers. 😉 )
- So much dance. This is technically for my May recap, but I had my dance recital so April was spent preparing for all my dances! We also had a performance at a local dance show where a lot of studios come to dance for fun (not a competition!) and it was a lot of fun. Oh, and we had photo week at my studio, which is where we take pictures in all our costumes and it’s just generally amazing.
- Spending time with friends! I LOVE MY FRIENDS and getting to hang out with them always makes my “best part of the month” list because, well, they’re awesome.
This was a bit of a short list, but not only did I have a month that was mostly full of school…it’s been a while since April happened.
There we have it, my April in a nutshell. I think this is the latest recap post I’ve ever done, but I’m just excited to be back on the blogosphere and I’m okay with the fact that this was all over the place. 😉
Thank you all so much for your continued support and for reading this post! I hope you’ve all been having lovely months and know that I appreciate and love you. ❤
How was your April? What was the best book you read? Have you listened to Taylor Swift’s new song? Catch me up on everything- I’d love to chat with you in the comments.