Hey everyone! Welcome to Purely Olivia, where today I will be taking a test. Wait, not a school test, don’t run away. It’s a test for book bloggers, which makes it really fun. 😉
I was tagged for the Book Blogger Test by Violet from The Whimsical Words of an Agreeable Bookworm so long ago that I’m slightly embarrassed to say. But, when I was sifting through the tags I neglected, I found this one, and I’m so excited to do it.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog. Thank you so much for tagging me, Violet! Be sure to read Violet’s post here. And go check out her blog while you’re at it. 😉
- Answer the ten questions asked on this post.
- Nominate at least five people to do this.
- Let them know you’ve nominated them.
I’ll be nominating people at the end of the post! But, as always, feel free to do this even if you’re not nominated.
Top 3 book pet hates:
I’m not sure if these are my top three, because I’d need at least 58 years to decide, but here are a few that I could think of on the spot.
- People hatin’ on Harry Potter because they don’t like “magic and wizard-y stuff.” I understand if you’ve read it and just didn’t like it, but when people haven’t even read it and then say they don’t like it, I’m just like…
- When books are wonderful, with a great plot and characters, but there are so. many. bad. words. It makes me sad, because I don’t want to read books with bad language. They’re so hard to find nowadays, though.
- When books are just a little unrealistic. I feel like I have a current view of schools, etc., and sometimes books just…aren’t right.
Perfect reading spot:
My bed, for sure.
Three book confessions:
- I didn’t really like The Mortal Instruments series. *ducks to avoid knifes flying at my head* However, I may try it again soon, because I think I was a little too young the first time I read it.
- I couldn’t get into the second series Lemony Snicket did. (All the Wrong Questions.) Maybe I was too attached to the Series of Unfortunate Events to enjoy something else?
- Once I got a book autographed but I never ended up finishing it. 😦 It was really cool to meet the author, though.
Last time you cried while reading a book:
I usually cry at least once in nearly every book I read. (I cried in Aliens on Vacation. I think I have a problem.) So…the last book I finished was I Am Number Four, and yes of course I cried.
In my defense, a character I loved in I Am Number Four died, and that’s what made me cry. Why authors, why must you kill off characters.
Number of books on your bedside table:
My bedside table has a handy dandy bookshelf on it. I usually put the books I’m reading
or neglecting there, and I also have my Bible and some devotionals.
Favorite reading snack:
Anything, really. I don’t usually eat while I read, unless I happen to be having a random snack??
Three books you’d recommend to anyone:
A picture of your favorite bookshelf:
This question returns…I just have one bookshelf, guys. If you have two or more bookshelves, then please comment that because first of all, LUCKY, and second of all, I WISH.
You can read my bookshelf tour here, if you’re interested in seeing how I organize my bookshelf! I love it so much.
I just realized I haven’t even named it yet. Oh wait it’s inanimate.
How much books mean to you in three words:
Everything, then some.
Biggest reading secret:
*tries to think of secret* *racks brain* *comes up with nothing*
Sorry, guys. I really don’t have any major secrets? I did dog ear a page once…
And, anyone else who wants to do this. If you do this tag, link your post down below in the comments and I’ll definitely check it out! 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this tag! I try not to do tags all the time, which is why I got so behind on them, but I think they’re pretty fun to read, and they’re fun to write, too.
So, what do you think of this tag? Do you have more than one bookshelf, and what are your greatest book pet peeves? See you in the comments!