Well, hello again, blog.
It’s been a long time since I posted- three weeks, to be exact. Lately, leaving for weeks on end without announcing it seems to be my trend. Life just got the best of me, and the constant business of school, homework, and dance leaves me with hardly any time left for anything, much less blogging. I let myself get swallowed by life these past few weeks, but I’m making it a goal right now to try harder to stay afloat!
Even though we’re already halfway through December (where did time go?! wasn’t I just a smol little Olivia worried that the world would end when it became 2010), I’m going to be doing a little November recap today!
Shh, no matter that November ended weeks ago. It’s never too late to scream about the books I read, what happened blogging-wise (the WordPress update, anyone?!) and what was going on in my life.
Let’s get started!
Surprisingly, I actually read books in November.
Normally, when I neglect my blog, I also neglect books, but this time I still found time to read books (usually right before bed, or while I was doing other things like brushing my teeth or doing my bun for dance XD). I think I multitask too much. 😉
I already talked about Darius the Great is Not Okay and How to Make a Wish in a mini reviews post from last month, but I really want to scream about the other two books I read, so maybe I’ll have to find a way to do that this month!
Back in September I did the Lady Janies book tag, and I read my first of the Lady Janies in November. IT WAS SO GOOD. I couldn’t put it down, and one of my friends in real life actually read it too, and we talked about it for about three lunch periods in a row. XD It was pretty great, and I definitely want to do a review of it sometime soon.
So far, December has been a good reading month, too, and I also have a break coming up in which I plan to read many more books. Since I don’t usually do a December recap, due to it turning into a 2018 recap, I’ll make sure and find a post where I talk about all the books I’ve been reading/will read.
Basically, those three paragraphs were me expressing my desire to scream about books over and over again. XD
November Reading Goals:
- Go to the library ✅
- Read 10 books ❌ what was I thinking?
- Stay active on bookstagram ✅ I’ve been done lately, but for most of the month I was!
- Look into Netgalley ❌
December Reading Goals:
- Read 10 books (I’ll have a two week break)
- Look into Netgalley
- Keep up with bookstagram
- Go to the library
- Compile a “best of 2018” book list
- Achieve my Goodreads goal (I’m only a few books away, yay!)
So much happened blogging-wise since I last talked to you all!
First of all, I reached 400 followers. What?! That’s so crazy, I’m still in disbelief and just so overwhelmed. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so, so much!💓I never thought I’d reach this point, and I’m just so grateful towards you all- I can’t even explain how happy and excited I am and how much love I feel for you all.
I want to do something special to celebrate for that, so hopefully I can do something soon. 😉
Then, of course, there was my December hiatus. I just got too caught up in other things, and sadly, when my plate is too full blogging is the thing that I have to let go of. However, I’m really hoping to not let it slide off again, at least not anytime soon.
Even though I’ve been gone lately, I was here for all of November! And I did quite a few posts in November that I really loved, so if you’d like to check any of them out, I have them all linked below!
What I Posted:
- Why My Favorite Character in Harry Potter is Harry Potter // I am extremely obsessed with this post, and with Harry Potter.⚡️
- The Last Summer of the Garrett Girls Review + Author Interview // I was so excited to have the opportunity to interview the author of one of my new favorite books!
- 12 Risks We Respect in Authors // Collab w/ Abby @ When Words Fly // Ahh, I loved collabing with my dear friend Abby, and I also loved discussing risks authors take that we deeply respect.
- The Hamilton Book Tag // Yes, this exists. And yes, it is as amazing as it sounds.
- 5 YA Contemporaries You Should Be Reading // I finally got around to doing mini reviews for five books I completely and utterly adore, and I highly recommend all of these!! A million times over and over!!
I also just wanted to take a moment and apologize for missing all your posts. I haven’t read the posts in my Reader in so long, and that makes me very sad, especially since I know I’ve missed so many amazing posts by you all.
Coming up this month I’ll be having a two week long break from school, and during that time I’m hoping I’ll be able to read quite a few posts! I know I won’t be able to catch up, or ever read all the ones I missed, but at least I’ll be back in the swing of things.
So thank you all for sticking with me, even when I haven’t been showing you the support you all deserve! Even though I haven’t been commenting, I’m cheering you on from afar, I promise.
November Blogging Goals:
- Keep on blogging schedule ❌ quite the opposite…
- Keep track of posts I loved ❌
- Harry Potter post ✅
- Mini reviews post ✅
- Special surprise(s) that I have planned ✅ that was the author interview & the collab
- Interact more, blog hop ❌
December Blogging Goals:
- Keep on schedule from this point forward
- Read blog posts during my break from school
- Best of 2018 post
- *possibly* convert to the new editor?
Speaking of the new WordPress editor…I have mixed feelings. I like how you can change font size easier, but I got so confused by all the “block” things that I just ended up reverting back to the old editor that I know and love. XD I’m not sure if everyone will end up getting converted to the new one, but part of me hopes that’s not the case.
These last few months of 2018 have been passing by me so quickly, I can’t believe it’s already December 17th. Wasn’t it just Thanksgiving, like…yesterday?
Even though I’m having trouble grasping the concept that November is over and December is quickly coming to a close, I still have a few moments from the past month that were great, so I’ll share them here.
- My friend and I had an entire Harry Potter marathon. Over Thanksgiving break, my friend and I watched every single Harry Potter movie (in the span of about forty hours), and not only was it so fun (we were our matching Harry and Ron sweatshirts, of course) but it was just amazing to share my love of Harry Potter with someone else. 10/10 recommend. 😉
- So much dance! We had our winter concert, which we have been working on since August, and that went really well. We also had parent observation (where parents come to normal classes and watch us dance) and a performance at a local Christmas festival, so I have been dancing non-stop. XD
- Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving happened, and while I mostly love it because no school for a week, it was nice to spend time with family.
- The Christmas season is coming up so soon! I celebrate Christmas, and it’s so soon, and I’m just so excited because Christmas means Christmas songs and all the baked goods and candlelit church services, and I LOVE IT.
- Friends was going to leave Netflix, but IT DIDN’T. The 24 hours where I thought Friends was going to leave Netflix was a horrible 24 hours, indeed. But it’s okay, Netflix bought it back, and now I don’t have to think about life without Chandler and Phoebe.
Currently, I have one more week of school until break! Over break, I’m planned to do a lot of reading, blogging, relaxing, eating, and Netflix-bingeing (Fuller house season 4! and also the new season of ASOUE will be coming out!). I hope you’re all having a wonderful month, too!
And there we go, my crazy month documented into one post. Thank you all again for sticking with me even through my hiatuses, and I’m excited for what the rest of December holds and for what’s coming in 2019. 🙂
How are you? Catch me up on all I’ve missed, and if you want, link one of your posts so I can read it. Also, what are your thoughts on the new editor? And do you get a break? I’d love to chat with you all in the comments.
P.S. The next time I post, it will be Christmas Eve!